Divorce Overload – How To Cope
Getting divorced is one of the most stressful and emotionally overwhelming events in your life. It does not matter if you or your spouse initiates the divorce. Your whole world can be turned upside down and can trigger all the most painful and upsetting emotions you’ve ever experienced.
Our lives are disrupted, our routines and responsibilities are changing and we are entering an often uncharted territory. Relationships with extended family and friends may be affected and it can be a very lonely time in your life. The recovery can be difficult and take more time than you might think.
But it’s important to remind yourself that you can and will get through this and you can get through this with a sense of resiliency and empowerment to know that you can create a future life that you will love!
Here are three tips to help you deal with that emotional tsunami that you may be feeling right now:
1. Give Yourself Space to Feel & FunctionGive yourself some space to feel and to function at a less than normal level right now. You may not be able to do what you did before you started this process. Oftentimes, the process can take a lot of your energy. It’s a time when you may have to regroup and everyone does this at their own pace. Grief and loss is not linear and you will experience ups and downs and it can be very destabilizing.
2. Don’t Fight Your Feelings
It’s normal to feel conflicting emotions like anger, fear, resentment and confusion as well as dealing with the sadness of all the losses you’re experiencing. It’s a good time to begin to journal as a healthy way to deal with all of these emotions. Self care is critical – treat yourself as if you have a cold – get plenty of rest, exercise, enjoy a hot bath, read a favorite book and minimize stress in your life right now.
3. Don’t Do This AloneReach out and connect with trusted friends and family who support you, energize you, and will not judge or criticize you. Get outside help if you need it. If reaching out to others is challenging for you, consider a support group or a Divorce Coach.
Please call us at Smarter Divorce Solutions today to schedule your complimentary consultation with our team to find out how we can help you to get through this with confidence and security. We’re here for you.
More from Smarter Divorce Solutions...
Let’s Get Started
Let us help you have a smarter divorce, no need to waste thousands in a court battle. We will contact you to set up your Smarter Divorce Strategy Session.
In Your Strategy Session We’ll:
- Explore your divorce options and get clear on the right solution for your situation
- Review your financial situation and explore creative settlement possibilities
- Map out a plan for transitioning to the next phase of your life
- Identify your biggest fears and decide the best way to address them
- Connect you with any other resources you’ll need in your process
Only 10 sessions available each month! Schedule today to ensure availability!