Divorce ServicesThe financial intricacies of divorce can be daunting for all involved. Our divorce financial planners will ensure that the settlement decisions you make will be fully educated and informed. Don't leave your financial future to chance.
Divorce Financial Planning
Services for your divorce
Smarter Divorce Solutions provides individuals, couples, mediators, and attorneys with financial expertise during divorce. With advanced training in all financial aspects of divorce including pension valuation, marital vs. separate property, and tax optimization of settlements, we can help craft creative settlement solutions that make financial sense for both parties. Get divorce financial planning expertise when you need it most.
Divorce Mediation Assistance
Here are a few things we’ve heard from the mediators we’ve worked with about financial concerns that pop up during divorce mediation services with clients:
- “My clients want to stay in the house but can’t qualify to refinance. What can we do?” WE CAN OFFER OPTIONS!
- “The clients gave me a pension statement, but is that what it’s really worth?”
- “The couple knows there will be spousal maintenance but they’re struggling with how much for how long.”
- “They own a business and need options for how to handle it.”
- Don’t risk your career advising on financial issues that are not your specialty. Let us take the risk by partnering with you.
- The parties sign a collaborative participation agreement describing the nature and scope of the matter;
- The parties voluntarily disclose all information which is relevant and material to the matter that must be decided;
- The parties agree to use good faith efforts in their negotiations to reach a mutually acceptable settlement;
- Each party must be represented by a lawyer whose representation terminates upon the undertaking of any contested court proceeding;
- The parties may engage mental health and financial professionals whose engagement terminates upon the undertaking of any contested court proceeding; and
- The parties may jointly engage other experts as needed.
Collaborative Practice provides you and your spouse or partner with the support and guidance of your own lawyers without going to court. Additionally, Collaborative Practice allows you the benefit of coaches, child and financial specialists all working together with you on your team. In Collaborative Practice, core elements form your commitments to this process, which are to: Negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution without having courts decide issues. Maintain open communication and information sharing. Create shared solutions acknowledging the highest priorities of all. For local Collaborative Practitioners, see www.BestLegalChoices.com
Certified Divorce Financial Planning
You might have investments, retirement accounts, pensions, businesses, expenses, rental properties, etc. How in the world do you structure a property settlement that is fair and won’t get you into tax trouble? It’s possible that some creativity could save both of you taxes so you both get to keep more of your own money. Would you like to be able to see in black and white how a settlement would impact your futures?
You have come to the right place.
Working with couples as a financial neutral to help you come up with that win-win settlement is our favorite way to work. Get all those questions answered and more. Let us provide you with a kinder, gentler, more affordable divorce solution.
QDRO Facilitation (Split Retirement Plans)
Every plan has its own QDRO requirements and some are not even called QDROs but they are generically referred to that way. It’s important that when you have a QDRO form prepared, it is sent to the plan for pre-approval to ensure that it meets all of the requirements BEFORE you send it to the judge or you risk having it rejected by the plan and having to start over with more expense.
A good QDRO expert will also be sure you understand the various options available for each party regarding survivor benefits, lump sum options, etc. At Smarter Divorce Solutions, we use the finer details of these options in negotiations, so that each party is 100% sure of what’s really going to happen.
We do NOT prepare QDROs. Only a qualified QDRO attorney can do that. We DO facilitate Qualified Domestic Relations Order’s with a partner attorney at a flat fee of $625 so that you can understand all of the intricacies of your negotiation BEFORE you agree to a settlement.
When your case needs a Lifestyle Analysis or Forensic Accounting for a divorce, you can count on Smarter Divorce Solutions to fill that need in a cost-effective way.
Post-Divorce Transition Assistance
We’ll work with you as long as necessary to ensure that ALL of the terms of your settlement agreement are completed and you get the assets you’re entitled to.
As a Wealth Manager and Certified Divorce Financial Planner with over 18 years of experience, Nancy Hetrick and her team from Smarter Divorce Solutions are equipped to help you manage your financial life post-divorce to ensure that your financial plan has the best chance of success. Nancy is a full-service financial advisor with Better Money Decisons. Make sure that you have a clear vision for your new life post-divorce.
- Investment Advice and Management
- Retirement Planning
- Education and College Savings Planning
- Small Business Finance
- Tax and Insurance Assessments
Financial Empowerment Coaching
We have coaching programs that can help you form and achieve your financial goals. Whether you need help with simply planning a budget or you want to move through some money blocks that stopped you in the past we can help you reach financial clarity.
- Getting Financially Organized
- Identifying Main Areas of Focus
- Setting Action Steps
- Setting Budge Structure
- Help with Overcoming Obstacles
Managing Your Financial Life
Let’s Get Started
Let us help you have a smarter divorce, no need to waste thousands in a court battle. We will contact you to set up your Smarter Divorce Strategy Session.
In Your Strategy Session We’ll:
- Explore your divorce options and get clear on the right solution for your situation
- Review your finances and explore creative settlement ideas
- Map out a plan for transitioning to the next phase of your life
- Identify your biggest fears and decide the best way to address them
- Connect you with any other resources you’ll need in your process
Only 10 sessions available each month! Schedule today to ensure availability!