Guest Blog: 5 Things You Need to Do Right Now!
Divorce hurts, it sucks, it’s overwhelming and confusing. Whether you wanted it or not, there are heavy emotions attached. Unfortunately, at this tender time is also when you need to get most serious about your future. The decisions you make now and sign off on your final divorce decree will affect your future.
Many people become paralyzed in fear and victimization during their divorce process. They become unable to provide information or ask questions. They swirl in a place of self-pity while the divorce is proceeding without them. This is a critical time, because while some think you can just go back to the judge later, it’s not that simple. It can be very costly and time consuming. That’s why it’s important to take these 5 steps now:
- Do your research. You have many options when it comes to divorce. Research them all and decide what feels best for your situation.
- Ask for help. Ask family and friends who have gone through divorce for referrals of divorce professionals.
- Hire a professional. It’s ok to not know it all. Hiring a divorce professional can ease your mind and secure your future.
- Think about how you want your future to look. This can be tough, but really take some time to look ahead. What are your financial needs? What are your goals? How will you achieve them?
- Ask questions until you get an answer you understand. A good divorce professional will have the patience and understanding to answer all the questions you have so you can move forward feeling confident.
Contact us today to schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation with a caring professional who can assist you with your divorce financial needs.
Let’s Get Started
Let us help you have a smarter divorce, no need to waste thousands in a court battle. We will contact you to setup your free consult.
General Contact Form
Smarter Divorce Solutions
Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA®) who keep the cost of divorce low, while being committed to a kinder, gentler divorce process for all involved.